Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I love most

Today is my "Friday"meaning for the next two days I only have to work part time. The work never ends for a mom of 2 little ones. They have been way too much fun lately. Seriously, just a little too much fun. I have been exhausted every morning. A mom's work day starts as soon as those littles wake up. Mine wake at about 6am.

Amelia is a playful little gal. She will not stop to sit still at all. I can hardly get her to drink a bottle. Oh but she makes up for the loss of daytime food and down the bottle in the middle of the night. Silly girl.

Because of all the exhaustion I am going to remind myself of what I love most about being a mom to 2 little girls, instead of thinking about the exhausting parts.

1. The pitter patter sound little feet make while running.

2. Holding Aleigh's sweet little hand as she walks beside you.

3. Little slobery open mouth baby kisses.

4. Happy baby trying to talk.

5. The funny faces a baby makes when you give her a food she does not like.

6. The endless giggles when they are overly tired.

7. The squeals I hear constantly from my little Amelia, happy baby.

8. When sitting on the floor they come from all directions to practically tackle you.

9. The looks on their faces when they discover something new.

10. The proud grins when they accomplish what they have been working on.

11. Excitement every time their Daddy walks through that front door after a day at work.

12. Chasing the toddler down for hugs she tries to pull away from, yet she has a grin on her face. Uh huh she enjoys it.

13. Walks in the park

14. Wonderful excuse to jump in water puddles again, that splashing sound never gets old.

15. They help me remember to stop and watch the birds, or the trees blow in the wind.

16. The smiles they give eachother warms my heart.

17. Watching Aleigh try her best to help me do anything and everything.

18. When Aleigh shares anything she has with Amelia.

19. The times when Aleigh and I are in a different room and Aleigh thinks something is missing. She then runs to Amelia and tried to pick her up to bring her to me.

20. Cute little baby feet that like to be tickled.

21. When Aleigh tries to walk around in our shoes or try on our clothes.

22. How adorable little babies look with a bow on their head.

The list could go on and on. I am so thankful to have Aleigh and Amelia. We are going to have way too much fun together over the years. I am also thankful for Jake. He works so hard to let me stay at home and then on his weekend he still works part time by giving me a part time break. Cheers to my Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could hug you and tell you how proud I am of you!!!

    ReplyDelete