Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 2 & 3

I never got around to writing about a real mommy moment yesterday so we will rewind and talk about it today.

Day 2: Yesterday my sweet husband let me go for a run. Those me time moments are a blessing. Running to me is a stress reliever and it makes me feel good all in one, so I am very thankful that 2-3 times a week Jake watches the girls while I go for my run.

Usually while I run Jake and the girls go along with me whether it is a ride in the stroller or some playing in a grassy field or time to play on a playground. Yesterday we went to a beach park where they have a mile long trail by the ocean, I love running there. The ocean is always a beautiful turquoise and sometimes the surf is up beating against the rocks. It is therapy to watch and makes running longer distances easier.

When I was finished we let the girls roam around. Amelia is such a curious little girl. She also loves the great outdoors and playing in the dirt. She is obsessed with little leaves, grass, sticks, flowers and rocks she will find along a walk. Once she picks up her treasure she immediately walks as fast as she can away from you because she thinks she can eat the item once she is far enough away. She is a silly mess. But I sure do love her.

Day 3: Stroll in the rain. The days Jake works I take the girls for a mile long walk in the stroller. I love these walks. The girls are almost always so calm and quiet during these walks , and I know they enjoy them just as much as I do.

I am going to miss these daily strolls. Soon enough the girls will be old enough to walk the whole way and know how to cross a street safely. These walks will be full of chasing kids, hearing them talk and laugh and watching them skip down the sidewalk. I will miss these quiet peaceful moments. I will miss being able to really look at the trees and feel the wind on my face. Soon I will be so busy keeping the kids safe that I am going to forget those wonderful moments.

Because I know I will miss these strolls, that is why I take them everyday. One day we will not live in paradise. The weather will not be warm 365 days of the year. In Hawaii it does rain though and it can come and go very fast. It is always hard for me to tell if it will rain here. Today we went for our walk and about 1/4 mile from our house it started pouring. I couldn't run home so we took shelter under some trees. The canopies of the trees in Hawaii are amazing. They are like this perfectly formed shelter, all the branches are high so you never have to duck. They are the perfect trees for a picnic.

The rain lasted about 5 minutes then we continued our walk. It was a refreshing walk. There is something about letting yourself get a little wet from the rain. It somehow takes your worries away and makes you feel like a kid again. I think I enjoyed it way more than Aleigh and our dog did.

No comments:

Post a Comment