Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sickness

The last week all 4 of us have been sick in one form or another. Living in Hawaii we thankfully don't get sock as often. Well it caught up to us. 2 little ones with pink eye and I believe a bit of a cold. 2 big babies (Jake and I) with a lousy cold and sinus infections. Thankfully we will all get better eventually!

Things we have learned recently,

•To get an appt. With your primary care Dr you have to call 4 months early.

•Do not pretend like you're kids stuffed animals are kissing your baby unless you want your 16 month old constantly pretending also but instead of kissing the baby the stuffed animal is smacking the baby in the face.

•If you let your 16 month old "carry" the baby, she will want to do just that every time she gets the chance to wrap her arms around the baby. Which in turn makes your arms very sore having to help hold the baby while crouching down low enough to let your 16 month old think she is walking and holding the baby.

•Babies learning to eat solids is quite cute and very messy. Don't remember it being that messy with my first.

•Apparently if Amelia starts crying while putting Aleigh to bed that means we get to skip nap time and help sister instead.

•cutting out sugar and bread completely from your diet really helps u lose weight. 13 days later and I have lost 5&1/2 lbs! I only cheated two of those days when I was really sick I had 1 biscuit, a can of chicken noodle soup, some popsicles and a little bit of cold ice cream.

•Nyquil helps you sleep really well. Too well really. I didn't even remember when my 4 month old woke in the middle of the night.

Now time for some rest while I can.

Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment